Kinetic Sailing’s Recommended Books & Links for Sailing & Cruising
Inspiration & Humor
- Blue Horizons: Dispatches from Distant Seas, by Beth Leonard.
Collection of articles written for Bluewater Sailing magazine while cruising on Hawk.
- Flirting with Mermaids: the Unpredictable Life of a Sailboat Delivery Skipper, by John Kretchmer.
Great stories of adventure on the high seas, told with humor.
- Adrift: Seventy-six Days Lost at Sea, by Steven Callahan.
Amazing true story of resourcefulness and survival, 76 days in a liferaft.
- It’s Your Boat Too: A Woman’s Guide to Greater Enjoyment on the Water, by Suzanne Geisemann.
An empowering guide for women boaters to become safer, more competent and more confident.
- Living a Dream, by Suzanne Geisemann.
Making the leap from Aide to CJCS to full-time cruiser.
- An Embarrassment of Mangoes: A Caribbean Interlude, by Ann Vanderhoof.
New cruisers leave a Type-A lifestyle for a 2-year voyage through the Caribbean.
- A Trip to the Beach: Living on Island Time, by Melinda Blanchard.
New Englanders move to Anguilla and establish a world-class beach restaurant, discovering the pitfalls and joys of island life.
- Just Cruising and Still Cruising – A Family Travels the World, by Liza Copeland. The Copeland family of 5 travel for 2 years on their 40’ Beneteau.
- Why Didn’t I Think of That? 1198 Tips from 222 Sailors, By John & Susan Roberts.
Simple, practical tips on a wide range of cruising aspects.
- 50 Places to Sail before You Die: Sailing Experts Share the world’s Greatest Destination, by Chris Santella